
We attended the first annual young families retreat at Riverbend Retreat Center in Glen Rose, Texas. I was not sure what to expect, but we had a great time. We arrived around 1pm and stayed until the next morning. The theme was iTreasure, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be" Matthew 6:21. A few things we did:
- scavenger hunt
- dressed up like a pirate
- family games
- wisdom from Chris and Stacy Hatchett
- movie and popcorn
- hayride
- campfire and smores
The weather was beautiful. The only complaint was the lack of sleep. Kennedy and I shared the top bunk and Presley and Dad shared the bottom bunk. I never sleep good when I have to sleep with one of the girls. Everyone had a blast. Presley was not ready to come home. Kennedy took a four hour nap when we got home. I have to admit, I took a small nap too. I hope we will be able to enjoy many more annual family retreats!!
No comments:
Post a Comment