Thursday, March 8, 2012

GOAAAAAAL!

Presley scored her first soccer goal EVER! 3.3.12. It was the first goal of the game, the first goal of the half. I know she was excited. I know she was proud. Though if you did not know her, you would never be able to tell. She is not my attention seeker. When I asked her about it later, she said she had meant to pass the ball to someone else, not score. Hearing congratulations, while I know she wants to, she just would like to hear it with out so much attention drawn to her. Perhaps that is a sign of humility. Such an important trait. God can really use that to His glory. But I think it might be okay if she desired just a little attention.
So wish I would have had my camera. I so enjoyed watching her play well and having fun.

Humility may need to be a trait that will have to be developed in Kennedy. She too enjoyed watching her sister play soccer. She stood on the bleachers and cheered like a real cheerleader, making up pretty good cheers for her sister. I probably need to pray that I will be a good cheer mom, not like most of the cheer mom's I have encountered in my previous career. Kennedy saw a family sitting behind us with a sign to cheer on their daughter. Kennedy now wants signs for her at her game. Attention seeker, I think the title may fit!

These two girls are so different. But both so precious. Both such a joy to watch.

No comments: