Wednesday, April 23, 2008

April 23, 2008

Three year olds are smarter than you think!
P has been taking advantage of her father, unusual I know.
At bath time when, when her father was busy with K, she proceeded to empty the contents of both shampoo bottles into her bath. Her father spoke with her about how this was unacceptable. When I got home from getting my hair cut, I also talked to her about the situation. Two nights ago, her dad was giving her a bath while I was dealing with K. Her dad said he had to wash her hair with just conditioner because P had AGAIN emptied the contents of her shampoo into her bath. This time P and I had a talk about the situation. P did not want to talk about it. She said she was sorry and she forgot that she was not suppose to empty the soap into the water. I told her if she did it again her dad and I both would be giving her a spanking to help her remember to not do that again. I began to leave the room and P was giving all kinds of excuses as to why she did what she did. I turned around and told her I did not want to hear any of her excuses. She looked at me with her head tilted and her hands in the air and said "I'm just little though and I don't know any better!" Her dad and I could hardly contain our laughter. I said you do know better, she laughed and agreed! Trying to make excuses and refrain from taking responsibility starts early!!!!!

No comments: