Monday, May 19, 2008

May 19, 2008

People have always said that time flies by so quickly. I have tried to listen to them. I know that my girls will grow up so fast and I will miss this time of them being small. There is so much that is difficult about having small children, (i.e. - the lack of sleep, the neediness, the interrupting, the non-existent time alone), but when I feel myself getting frustrated I remind myself that I am going to miss this time! Last night I got in late from a wonderful weekend in Phoenix with my roommate from college. To greet me was my wonderful husband who let me go without complaining, an eight month old who was hungry but not sure if she was happy to see the mother who left her for three days, and a three year old who did not want to go to sleep until 3 am. K woke up at 4 am needing a pacifier, woke up at 5 am needing to sleep in my bed, Brad's alarm went off at 5:30 am, why so early I still do not understand, K woke up when Brad got out of bed around 6:15ish and never really went back to sleep. As I am very tired it is hard to image I am going to miss this, but I know one day I will. I love this family God has blessed me with. P is getting so big wanting to everything by herself. It is not always convenient, but it is a reminder that she is growing into a little girl. She is no longer my baby! (Even if she does not want to give up her pacifier yet!) P went swimming over the weekend and wanted desperately to do it by herself. She did wear her life jacket and let her Uncle Chance take her off the diving board (more than once!). P wants to be brave and try new things, but she is not as daring as her cousin Cameron. A trait she gets from her Daddy. P is very strong willed, as seen in her refusing to go to sleep until 3 am last night. I am not sure who she gets that from. P speaks very well and is always wathcing, thinking and taking every thing in. Carrying on a conversation with P is becoming very fun. I am never sure where we will end up, but I love trying to figure out what is going on in her mind. I think she may be very smart! I hope she is not too smart for her own good. She is definitely a GREAT big sister. She loves Baby K and typically includes her in her life. Today K was taking a nap, P and I were playing "tea time" and P made sure she poured tea for me, her, dad and K. P is "the enforcer!" If I say "Don't _____ ", P makes sure that whatever I said is enforced! I just love the person P is becoming. I look forward to watching her grow into the person God created her to be.

K is growing and changing daily. She is crawling around so well. Today she moved all over the first floor. Sometimes she is on all fours, but mostly it is the army crawl. Once she figures out how "all fours" works she is going to wear me out! She is pulling up and standing on everything. She is still talking up a storm. More than one person has commented on how much she talks and how it sounds like she saying "mama!" Her smile is still just so beautiful and she is always so happy and content. She is eating like a horse. Literally, cereal and a jar of fruit for breakfast, a veggie and fruit for lunch, two veggies, one fruit and cereal for dinner and milk four - five times a day. It is no wonder she is 20+ pounds. But I do think her legs are looking less like the Michelin Man these days! We, really I mean me, have yet to move her to her own room. Mainly because I am too lazy to walk up the stairs in the middle of the night. But it is time, past time to do so. That is on my "To Do" list. Now that summer is here I have no excuses. I will keep you posted.

Brad continues to be a wonderful Dad. I love watching him with his two girls. He loves them so much. He is such a great Dad, they are lucky to have him.

No comments: