Thursday, May 22, 2008

May 21, 2008

Presely at Two - Part III

Spiritual Growth

I have seen such spiritual growth in you this year. God is so good. Continually I pray that as you grow you will become strong in the Spirit and that God's love will root deep in your heart.

In June, you attended your first V.B.S. (Vacation Bible School). This year's theme was Daniel. I was not sure how much you would learn or retain as a two year old. I was amazed. Two year olds rememeber so much. The musical brought Daniel to life. You were frightened (literally) yet intrigued. Afterwards you talked about when Daniel was scared of the lions he prayed to God. God sent His angels to protect Daniel by shutting the lions mouths. What a valuable lesson to learn, whenever we are scared we need to pray to God first! He is our refuge. You quickly put the lesson to use. When you would get scared of the dark in your room, you would remember to pray and ask God to shut the lions mouths. So cute.

If you make the Most High your dwelling-
even the Lord, who is my refuge-
hen no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
for he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways.
Psalms 91:9-11
Train a child in the way he should go
and he will never depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

We started B.S.F. (Bible Study Fellowship) in January of this year. You can begin when yo are two. You could have started in the fall, but we had to wait until Kennedy was old enough to stay with a sitter. God was so good to provide Mrs. (Gwen) Campbell to watch Kennedy so you and I could attend. I love BSF, this was my tenth year. You quickly came to love it as well. I realized this when I could not attend on week because I was sick. I called Mrs. Campbell to let her know we would not be coming. You overheard my conversation and told me you really wanted to go to BSF. I tried to explain why we could not go. A few minutes later you came back to me and said "Dad can take me to BSF!" I was very happy that you were trying to figure out a way you could still attend BSF. And secretly I am hoping one day your dad will take you to BSF. We will see!

No comments: