Saturday, September 12, 2009

Big Girl Bed

Today is Friday. Tuesday night Kennedy mastered climbing out her bed. She has climbed out before, but only when I have forgotten to put up the side. But on Tuesday she realized the ends of the bed are just a bit lower than the rest and that she was flexible enough to get her foot up there to pull herself over. She was very proud of herself, I was very unhappy. Not because she can get out of her bed, but because I was going to have to move her to a big girl bed. Presley was so easy, her transition to a bed girl bed was painless. She listens, she obeys, it took forever before she ever got out of her bed without permission. Kennedy is not Presley, and that is ok. I love Kennedy. She has a great personality and demeanor, (when she is happy). But I just had a feeling that transitioning to a big girl bed would not be as smooth. Wedeneday I took the side off the baby bed and turned it into a toddler bed. Thursday night I was able to leave her in her bedroom awake. I did have the video monitor on her so I could watch her every move. I did have to go up once, just once, to tell her to stay in her bed. But she went to sleep fairly quickly. On Friday she took a nap. She was awake when I put her down (with a few toys). I had Presley check the monitor a few times. The second time Presley said she was asleep. So this week has been not nearly as bad as I thought. I am pleasantly surprised! Now if preschool drop off could improve.................

No comments: