It is Stock Show time in Fort Worth. Every year for as long as Brad can remember, his Nanny has purchased rodeo tickets for his entire extended family, about 40 tickets! Presley has never missed the rodeo or "radio" as she use to call it. She loves it, I think she likes the rides and cotton candy the best. It has become a tradition. Kennedy has not been able to join this tradition yet. She was only 4 months old when it came around her first time, so Grammie and Paw Paw baby sat her so we could take Presley. That is the last rodeo I attended. The next year when Kennedy was 1 yr and 4 months we had the intention of taking her, but she was not sleeping due to ear infections, so I stayed home with her. This was the year we thought would be her first! So excited to take her and see her excitement. But on Friday I took her to Dr Knapp who confirmed she did have a fever and a virus that could turn into another ear infection. We debated on whether we should try to take her because we knew she would enjoy it, but she did not go to sleep easily and then woke up early so we made the hard decision to keep Kennedy home again. :( Brad and Presley joined the rest of his family and made the journey to downtown Fort Worth in the freezing cold (it never fails, it is always bitter cold on our rodeo day). Presley was very excited. She loves the rodeo. I am sure Kennedy will too, if she ever gets to go!
Saturday, January 30, 2010
It is Still Not her First Rodeo
It is Stock Show time in Fort Worth. Every year for as long as Brad can remember, his Nanny has purchased rodeo tickets for his entire extended family, about 40 tickets! Presley has never missed the rodeo or "radio" as she use to call it. She loves it, I think she likes the rides and cotton candy the best. It has become a tradition. Kennedy has not been able to join this tradition yet. She was only 4 months old when it came around her first time, so Grammie and Paw Paw baby sat her so we could take Presley. That is the last rodeo I attended. The next year when Kennedy was 1 yr and 4 months we had the intention of taking her, but she was not sleeping due to ear infections, so I stayed home with her. This was the year we thought would be her first! So excited to take her and see her excitement. But on Friday I took her to Dr Knapp who confirmed she did have a fever and a virus that could turn into another ear infection. We debated on whether we should try to take her because we knew she would enjoy it, but she did not go to sleep easily and then woke up early so we made the hard decision to keep Kennedy home again. :( Brad and Presley joined the rest of his family and made the journey to downtown Fort Worth in the freezing cold (it never fails, it is always bitter cold on our rodeo day). Presley was very excited. She loves the rodeo. I am sure Kennedy will too, if she ever gets to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment