A first, even for me. We have been home from school for FOUR days. That is unheard of in Texas. Even in my youth two days was the maximum we have ever been out of school. Who knew we would have an opportunity to find out what it feels like to live in Alaska and experience sub zero wind chills. The girls and I have not left our house since Monday. I am so glad I took Little Miss Kennedy to see Dr Knapp on Monday for the beginning of an ear infection. I have reason to believe Presley might have a UTI, but we have not been able to get into Dr Knapp to check. I have been pushing Cran Apple juice and making her go to the restroom every two hours. She appears to be doing well. My cousin Stacie was needing to come down to Dallas to see a specialist on Tuesday. She was sad she was going to have to wait an entire week to get back in, but four days later who knew that would be the first time the roads would be clear.
Tuesday, sub zero wind chill and ice. The girls ventured out with Dad for about 10 minutes.
Wednesday, still well below freezing, the wind chill not as cold. We stayed inside.
Thursday, record low temperature of 9 degrees. Pop Pop decided work was calling. So Dad went into work for a few hours. (And to the grocery store!)
Friday, no ice since Tuesday, but light snow all night long. We have a 1-3 in accumulation of SNOW!!! I love snow. The girls LOVE snow. Today will be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment