Friday, March 11, 2011

This and That

1. We made these this week in honor of St Patrick's Day.

Ingredients:

White cake mix ( we used 18-1/4 ounce box)

Food coloring (red, blue, green, and yellow)

Baking cups

Whipped cream (optional)

Instructions:

Prepare your favorite white cake mix, then divide the batter evenly among six small bowls. Following the chart below, dye each bowl of batter a rainbow color.

Rainbow Color Drops of food coloring

Purple 9 red and 6 blue drops

Blue 12 drops

Green 12 drops

Yellow 12 drops

Orange 12 yellow and 4 red drops

Red 18 drops

Line 16 muffin pans wells with baking cups. Evenly distribute the purple batter among the cups, then the blue, and so on, following the order shown. As you go, gently spread each layer of batter with the back of a spoon to cover the color underneath.

Bake the cupcakes according to your recipe directions. Before serving, remove the paper wrapping, and if you life, top each cupcake with a whipped- cream cloud.

2. St Patrick Day Gift for Teachers. (Since we have been sick all week, they will get them after Spring Break!)

3. If there is ever a time you don't want to run into anyone you know, especially men, it would be when you go in for your annual. I ran into three. First was a girl friend from church in the waiting room. No big deal. But when I was waiting to check out, I saw a coach from my carroll days and his wife. Then as I am leaving, I ran into Presley's sweet preschool teacher from the Tiger class and her husband. I guess next time I head out for my annual, I will make sure I am not dressed in work out gear!

4. I have a new niece, Landry Grace. I made her a few things.
A gown, and month by month onesies ( I will finish the rest when I get some larger sizes)


5. MS Update:
It has been four plus months since my diagnosis. There has been some ups and downs, both physically and mentally. But God has been good, faithful, merciful and kind. Physically my symptoms are mild. Nothing that would keep me from doing what I need to do or what I want to do. There are time that I feel fatigued and worn out. There are times that I have symptoms that are not my normal MS symptoms and that causes me some anxiety and fear. But God has been good to guide me through those times. This week in Isaiah we learned "those who hope in the Lord will not be disappointed." Not hope in tomorrow, or hope in the future I will feel better, or hope that next year will be a better year, but HOPE in the LORD. I feel blessed that they diagnosed me early, that my case is mild, that there are many options for therapy, that I know that My Father will never leave or forsake me and no matter what the future holds I won't be disappointed!

No comments: