Saturday, April 13, 2013

Newsletter Response

Love, Love, Love reading the newsletter.  And Loved the favorite things section.  I think it is a keeper. Great idea Amy!

1.  Do any of you remember the newsletter weekend in Abilene and our trip to Sonic.  Carin was driving, Amy was ordering a Route 44 and Carin kept asking her what size?  At that moment we all realized Carin was not only NOT addicted to Sonic (like the rest of us) but NEVER went to Sonic!!!  Totally unfathomable!! Yet here she is years later bragging about her in home Sonic ice maker!  What is wrong with the rest of us!  If we would have saved all our Sonic money over the years I am sure each one of us could have bought one several times over! So jealous.  I really want one BAD!

2.  You know it is time to move when your 7 year old complains about the shower.  In this 889 sq ft house the girls have only taken baths.  The other night we got home late, the girls were stinky, so I threw them in the shower one at a time (because the water flow barely accommodates one).  When Presley got in she kept yelling for me to come in there.  When I our conversation when something like this:

P:  Mom you have got to fix this shower, do you see the water? (It is somewhere between a trickle and a spray, but really much closer to a trickle! I embellish NONE!)
Me:  Nope, that is as good as it gets
P: Seriously?
Me:  Seriously!

She is ready to move!

3.  I love 5 year old vocabulary.  I'm am fairly confident she will be going to speech when she is in school.  But I will miss her mistakes!  New words that I will miss....Lemolaide (aka Lemonaide), Medicure (a manicure and pedicure), Fictionary (Fiction- When I correct her she says she likes the word fictionary better!)

4.  Since Downton Abby is in hiatus, one of the girls at church suggested The Tutor Series by Philipa Gregory.  I now know the meaning behind many of the titles I hear on the show.


No comments: