Saturday, April 13, 2013

Newsletter April 2013

Howdy from the land of many unpacked boxes.... 1. We re in, finally! However LIFE has gone on...we have been out of town for a church retreat, Easter, soccer games, Presley's birthday, Father in Law's birthday, make up soccer games, Well you get the idea. Hence the reason for many unpacked boxes. In my quest to become Carin, I only moved in the boxes necessary for living and left the rest in the garage (and the 10X10 storage unit we got to declutter when we put the house on the market). Would love to get that stuff out too, but you have to be home to do that. Soon! I'm almost finished organizing the stuff in the house. One day. I have been blest with so many family members coming over to help. They have been very helpful and would be willing to help even more, but there are somethings I have to go through myself. Ughhh! 2. Being going through a slight period of fatigue. It has happened before and will happen again. I am getting better at recognizing it quicker, I think. Have not quite figured out how to notice before it hits. It has hindered my ability to complete #1 in a timely manner. But Brad is always so good. He usually recognizes it before me and is good to make sure that I rest. Very blessed to have a understanding husband. It has been three weeks, I think I am on the downhill side. 3. Because of #2, I have been resting a bit more and reading. So my question is this...who recommended the Clifton Chronicles??? I wrote it down in my books to read list but not who recommended it. I have really enjoyed the first two books and went to download the 3rd and final book in the series only to see that it will not be available until the end of the month! REALLY? A disclaimer in the future please! Now I must wait... This is the second time in a month this has happened. A girl at church recommended "The Selection," its a a Young Adult novel that is a cross between the bachelor and survivor. I needed some easy reading, so I read that book, then the sequel and went to download the third and final book, and it is not coming out until the end of April. Other reads while I have had forced time to read...Roses and Tumbleweed by Leila Meacham. Set in Texas, easy reads. A few books by Philippa Gregory about Henry the VIII and his six wives (the helped with my Downton Abby withdrawal) and The Glass Castle and Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls (both non fiction). I'm sure I should be reading something uplifting and spiritual (besides my Bible). Perhaps when I am not fatigued and can focus! 4. Presley turned EIGHT! She wants to be a vet. She loves animals. She wanted to have her party at the zoo. I would have been happy to do that, but I know she wanted to be able to handle the animals (and that was not going to happen at a behind the scene party at the zoo.) So I talked to my mother in law, they have an animal science program at the middle school she works at, and the teacher agreed to host a birthday party! I am now officially nominated for mom of the year. They got to hold a ferret, comb a rabbit, handle snakes, birds and hamsters. and I cannot remember what else. They all had a blast. It was the best birthday ever! 5. I am still on my sabbatical. Like Jenn Lewis, I have only planned on a year off. I must say I have enjoyed the schedule being open and not filled. I know it must come to an end at some point. Not sure when, but I am enjoying it while it lasts! 6. I am going to enroll my baby for Kindergarten in a few weeks. She is ready. I am too, but I will miss her. She is good company. 7. Looking forward to seeing those of you who can make it San Marcos. We need to pick a date for the fall to get together at someone's house. If you are interested in hosting, shoot me an email! 8. Aside from some jealousy, LOVE that Carin got a sonic ice maker installed in her house. Leave it to the girl who had no clue what a route 44 was to be the one to rave about the ice! Another reason I want to be her. Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you!!! DeAnne

No comments: