Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I wish I had the gift of ....

I wish I had the gift of falling asleep sitting up. My girls have this gift. And the past few days they have been exercising it on a regular basis. I am sure a hectic schedule of early morning swim team (P), swim lessons (K), and late nights consumed with Summer Spectacular only aid in their ability to snooze while sitting up in my car. But I must admit, I am jealous. I wish I could join them, but someone has to drive.

Swim Team- Presley is trying out the Hidden Lakes Lightning swim team this year (along with a few friends from church). It has been almost two weeks, I have seen such improvement. She participated in her first meet today. She was nervous. I thought she did a fantastic job. It was obvious she tried her hardest. I was very proud of her. Presley had a bit of a different take on how she performed. She is a perfectionist. She is hard on herself. She wants to do things right and do them well. Presley struggled a bit with her performance because she has high expectations of herself. A wonderful quality, yet very frustrating. After watching a few of her other friends try hard and do a good job, yet still not finish first and be okay with it, she softened a bit. She is willing to work hard and practice, but she wants to see results, BIG results. Realizing that perfection is not ever attainable took me years to realize, I hope she learns it much quicker. Perfection does not need to be our goal, because we will always be disappointed. There is only one person who ever was and ever will be perfect, Jesus Christ. Work hard, see the improvement and be pleased with the one small step closer we have are to our goal. I do not want her to think the expectation should be PERFECTION. I have told her all I want is for her to try her hardest and I will be proud of her. She did and I am. I want her to be proud of her too! I am continuing to pray for wisdom and God's guidance on how to raise this sweet, sensitive, determined to be perfect child.







No comments: