Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Recital

The Recital finally arrived. A year of hard work and practice complete. Amazingly, I was able to still fit her feet into the shoes I bought in August. She looked adorable. She loved her outfit. She was not a fan of sitting still for the hair and make up, so don't look to close, I did not do a great job.

Loved, loved, loved the recital. They, (being Studio One) did a fantastic job of organizing. There were 4 recitals, we were in the last one. The bad thing, our recital was at 6:30 and my little one was a bit tired. The good thing, the only lasted an hour and 45 minutes. All of the songs were christian songs. The kids were all dressed super cute and modest. The dances were beautiful, fun, sweet, appropriate and God honoring. Love that!

I have decided I really love watching ballet. It is beautiful. I found myself almost in tears several times during those numbers. I really hope Kennedy will decide she likes it too! Kennedy's ballet number was wonderful. She did a fantastic job. I felt like it was the best I have seen her preform it. I loved watching her. Her tap number, not quite as good. But only because one of the little girls lost her shoe during the number and it totally threw the little girl and Kennedy off! I have seen her do the tap number numerous times and she has done great. But the shoe flying off in the middle of the number was not in the routine.

Kennedy did a great job, she had fun, loved watching her. She loved getting the flowers!
I asked her after the recital if she had fun, she said she did. I asked her if she wanted to do dance again, she said no (with a smile). I ignored her, I have signed her up for another year. So I get at least one more recital!!! Yea!
















No comments: