Saturday, June 25, 2011

Glen Rose





































A few months ago, Dawn and I were at the RHCC playscape with the littles and talking about planning a trip to Glen Rose to go to Fossil Rim and Dinosaur Valley State Park when one of the other girls interrupted us and said "I don't mean to be evasdropping, but we have gone to Glen Rose on several occasions and stay at the neatest little cabin, Trickle Creek Cabins." So I googled it and booked the Timberline Cabin for July 23-25.

We just got back and I am happy to report the cabins are a big hit with our family. It is about 10 miles on the other side of Glen Rose. Close to both Fossil Rim and Dinosaur Valley State Park. They have a fishing pond, a grill, a nice hot tub and it slept 8 comfortably. I think we will be a repeat customer. Perhaps I will look for a nice festival in Glen Rose when it is cooler. I would love to come back when they have the Passion play. I don't know when but I know we will be back.

As far as this trip goes, Fossil Rim on Friday morning....it was cool, the animals were out and about, it was not crowded, had a blast. Friday afternoon....lunch on the square, homemade pie at the Pie Peddelers, and a bit of shopping, a nice afternoon nap. Friday evening......playing at the cabin with the homeless cat the girls named Emily, cooking dinner, swimming in the hot tub, fishing, and ending the evening with a showing of "Bambi" and popcorn (in lieu of smores due to the fire ban). Saturday morning...sleeping in until 8, breakfast tacos, Dinosaur Valley State Park, lunch and then headed home. Overall....a great time with great friends.

No comments: