Presley also noticed no one on our street rides a bike with training wheels. So she would not ride her bike. She decided it was time to learn and one weekend at her Mimi's house she learned how to ride her bike! She was not the easiest student. Her Dad was not the most patient teacher. But they both made it through the process and now she is riding her bike proudly up and down our street!
They had a Turkey Trot for PE at Presley's elementary school. The Kindergarteners were to run 1/2 mile. Presley wanted to do well so we went out and practiced. Honestly I did not think much about what she was wearing to run in, I just left her in what she wore to school: a cute t-shirt, leggings, a pink tutu and pink sequined twinkle toe sketchers. We worked on pacing ourselves so we could run the entire 1/2 mile. She did great. It wasn't until a few days later when a neighbor stopped me and told me how cute it was to see her running in her pink tutu. I am sure that was a sight! I have since purchased her appropriate Nike tennis shoes and am looking for appropriate running attire. Presley did a great job in her turkey trot. She finished 9th out of all the first grade girls. I was so proud of her. Had I remembered to tell her that she needed to sprint at the very end of the race she would have finished a few places higher. What a terrible coach/mom she has. We will work on it for next time. She enjoys running and I think we are going to enter a few 1 mile fun runs. I hope it will become a life long sport for her!
No comments:
Post a Comment