Thursday, December 1, 2011

God is working

I was doing some testing at Preschool today. Simple things, identifying the letters of the alphabet. It made me wonder how my Kennedy was doing with her letter identification. I know when I tried to work with her this past summer, I did not get very far and she did not do very well. I am glad she is going to have one more year to prepare for Kindergarten.

I had the chance to ask her preschool teacher how Kennedy was doing academically. She gave me a good report and then asked if I was concerned for some reason. I am not, just curious. You never really know how your kids act when you are not around. I would love to be a fly on the wall. Then the teacher shared a few things with me that they had noticed about Kennedy.

They love her unique personality. Today at lunch she had her chair pushed back, she was lounging with her feet propped up! They think she is very mature in certain ways. Then she gave me an example. Today one little girl had received her four year shots and her leg was sore. On the way back to the room from Spanish, this little girl began to limp. Kennedy was at the front on the line, saw that her friend was limping, she left her place in the front and came to the back to walk next to her friend who was not feeling well. She did not say anything, she did not put her arms around her, she just walked next to her. She is observant. She acts on what she sees. She does not feel obligated to talk, just act. Perhaps I should take a cue from her!
I am so glad to see God's spirit working in her!!! I'm one proud Mama. I know her Father in heaven is one proud Papa! I really appreciate her teacher loving her so much and tell me about her when I am not around!

No comments: