Friday, September 17, 2010

3 years ago ....

It is hard to believe three years have flown by so quickly. My baby is three years old today. When I was talking with her today on our last few birthday party errands we were running our conversation went like this.....

M- "You are three years old today!"
K- "I am three, really?"
M- " You really are!"

the rest of the day
K- "Mom, am I really three years old now?"
M- " Yes you are!"

Some of my favorite things about Kennedy
1. She does not know her limitations, she tries everything!
2. She is either on top of the world or spit fire mad, such passion
3. Her continued improper use of the pronoun "me"
"Me not want to."... "Me to tired to clean up"..."Me like that?"...."Me need a drink of yours"
4. She is stubborn
5. She is not going to be persuaded to do anything against her will
6. She does not cry when I drop her off at preschool, bsf, church anymore
7. She loves to dance
8. She loves music....her dad teaches her Bodonkadonk by Trace Adkins and some Metallica song, I teach her Blue Skies and Rainbows...
9. She will only wear "clowns" (a.k.a "gowns") to bed. This poses a small budget problem for me, her sister only likes pants/shorts, therefore I have no hand me down "clowns"
10. She is an aggravator like her father
11. She loves to paint
12. She loves princesses/ dressing up/ playing with mom's shoes
13. She idolizes her big sister
14. Cow Milk
15. She must be able to pick what she is to wear each day
16. She has a toothbrush fettish
17. Her favorite shoes of mom's are the red patton leather Jessica Simpson 4 inch wedge heels
18. She is moody, but when she is in a good mood it is AWESOME
19. Most of the time she wakes up happy
20. When she smiles, her eyes sparkle and you cannot help but be captivated

She brings us much joy. I am enjoying seeing her strengths and her weakness. Seeing who God has created her to be. Trying to discern wisdom as a parent in how to bring her up to know and love her Creator. To be content with how God created her, but also be submissive to the One who knows what is best for her. When to encourage, when to redirect, when to draw the line.

Kennedy, at three you are a force to be reckoned with. Such passion, such conviction, such determination. When channeled toward good, you will be unstoppable and able to accomplish so much good for God's kingdom. I pray that His Spirit will continue to grow in your heart.
I love you and happy third birthday!

No comments: