Christmas 2008, so many wonderful memories.
Presley you are 3, soon to be 4.
You have been so excited about Christmas this year.
Your dad and I have been excited about sharing this Christmas with you.
Your first Christmas you have really understood and and have been expectantly anticipating Santa's arrival.
On your list for Santa - a violin, a camera, and some tools. (All of which you got.)
Of course you would often add to your Santa list everytime you saw some commercial on tv.
We spent Christmas eve at Grammie and PaPa's house.
So, nice and relaxing.
You got your violin and camera.
Santa must have told Grammie and PaPa exactly what you wanted.
You also got some "Pretty Ponies" from Kristin, Baylie and Aunt Rinda.
You played with those for hours.
Your dad thought you were not quite yourself.
He was right.
Christmas Day you were sick, like your mother! But more on that later.
Before you went to bed, we checked on the computer to see exactly how close Santa was to our house.
He was close, so we quickly put out the milk and sprinkle cookies (but forgot the reindeer food.)
Christmas morning, Kennedy got up first.
She loved all the toys!
Kennedy, you quickly noticed all the new toys and began to play with the kitchen set immediately.
This was your second official Christmas, and you were really into it.
You weren't much into unwrapping gifts, but once they were opened, you were all about playing with them!
I went upstairs about 7:30 to wake up Little Presley. Presley, I told you that Santa had been to our house and that she needed to come down stairs. You were excited! You came downstairs and looked at the toys Santa had left for you and Kennedy. Then you laid down on the couch and said your tummy hurt. I completely understood, because I felt terrible as well. It did not take long before you threw up. Only once at home. You started to feel a little better and enjoyed opening your many gifts. So many that you said you had to take a break for your arms to rest. Next year I think we are going to tell Santa we are doing the "three gift rule." Then we will not have the tired arm problem!
We made our way to Mimi's house about 9. Presley continued to be sick, throwing up in the trash sack in Mimi's living room. Santa left a few gifts for you at Mimi's house, a lovely doll house for Presley and a fun oversized kids chair for Kennedy! Kennedy had a great time at Mimi's with all the Tidwell clan. Presley and I spent most of the day in Mimi's rooms asleep on her bed. We went home about 3:30.
At home both of you girls took long naps. I had to wake both of you up at 6pm for another round of Christmas with PopPop. Presley threw up again and I was afraid she was not going to want to open any gifts. But after taking some Motrin, she perked up and had a wonderful Christmas night. I think the $1.99 Rudolph nose was the hit of the night!
Whatever Presley and I had only lasted 24 hours. I am just sad it was over Christmas day. Thankfully Kennedy and dad remained healthy.
Presley's favorite gift was her violin.
Kennedy liked whatever toy Presley was playing with.
Dad and I enjoyed watching the two of you having so much fun!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment