Sunday, December 7, 2008

December 7,2008

1. It is a good day. OU beat Mizzou in the Big 12 Championship game last night and today they were named to the National Championship game to be played on January 8, 2009 in Miami, Fla at the Orange Bowl. Brad is so excited. All Texas fans are hacked. What a crazy football season. The Aggies were terrible, but the rest of the Big 12 had a terrific season. OU was ranked #1 in October, until they lost to Texas. Texas was #1 until they lost to Texas Tech. Texas Tech was #2 until they lost to OU. The fifth tiebreaker sent OU to the Big 12 championship game against Mizzou (who earlier in the season was ranked in the top 5 with a Heisman hopeful in Chase Daniel a Southlake native). Texas fans are still thinking they were jipped because they beat OU. Texas is going the Feista bowl in Arizona, Tech is stuck with the Cotton bowl and OU is at the grandaddy of them all. I am sad that I may never see my Aggies in such a position in my lifetime, but I am going to jump on the Sooner bandwagon with my husband and enjoy the hype of being in the running for the National Championship.

2. Presley has shamed us into getting christmas lights on our house. Everyone (literally) on our street has lights on their houses. Everytime (literall) we leave our house Presley would ask when we were going to get lights on our house and deer in our yard. Finally Brad called to have someone put beautiful red and white lights on our house. When we came home from Mimi's today they were up. They look so good and Presley is so excited!!!! So are we. Presley is really getting into Christmas this year, it is so much fun to watch. A few nights ago, Brad was talking to his college roommate, Ryan. Brad told him he had to go and put Presley to bed. Ryan asked if he wanted some help? Perplexed, Brad handed the phone to Presley. When Presley handed Brad back the phone, she said Santa was on the phone and told her she needed to go straight to bed. Presley did not think it was the real Santa because she had never seen him with a phone, but she was going to go to bed just in case! It is such a wonderful time of the year. The whole world is celebrating the birth of our Savior. That is something to rejoice about!

3. Kennedy is still not talking much. For someone who does not talk, she communicates very well. I know she understands what I am saying to her, she will say "un huh" for yes or shake her head yes, and she says "no" very well, she points, when she is hungry she goes and bangs on her high chair, when she is thirsty she points to a cup. She is so cute and has such a temper! She wants to be a big girl just like her sister! I am afraid she is going to grow up way to quickly!!!!

4. Brad let me get Elfa shelving for my master closet, laundry room and playroom. Aunt Lele's best friend's husband works for the company that manufacture's Elfa and he gave us 65% off. I LOVE it!!!!!! I am still working on getting everything put back, but I am in love with my shelving. I think my favorite thing is that shelf space is no longer a precious commodity! I have shelf space for everything. Everything has a place! I am hoping/praying this will help me keep my house in order. We shall see!

5. We had our street Christmas party last night. We missed last year because Kennedy was too little. We had a good time. There were 10 couples on the street there. It was good to be able to spend some time talking to our neighbors and learning a little more about them. We live on a good street! God has been good to us!