Saturday, December 20, 2008

Differences

They say each child is different. How quickly you can begin to see the differences. (Presley is 3 and Kennedy is 1) But different is good. How boring this world would be if we were all the same!

One main differences I see in my two girls: Presley is cautious and Kennedy is anything but.

We have both ends of the spectrum. Both traits are good. Both traits have positives. One is trait is not better than the other.

Presley, from an early age you were cautious. Before you would do something that might be questionable you would turn to look to one of us to see if it was okay, safe. Saying "no" was all it took, and you would never try it again. Climbing up on the hearth, going near the hot stove, putting small objects in your mouth, opening cabinet doors, well you get the picture. That caution continues today, "is that curling iron hot? unplug it!" The caution does not stop with safety issues. There are times you are cautious in your life, afraid you might make a mistake. But caution is a good thing. I see you are wise and discerning. You think before you act, consider the consequences. When in doubt you err on the side of caution. I hope your wisdom and discernment will continue all your life. I have faith that you will make good, wise dicerning decisions that will prosper you, give you a hope and a future. I can't wait to see how it unfolds.


Kennedy, cautious is not a word I would use to describe you. You are a risk taker. You do not know the word 'fear.' You go full speed. You love life. 'No' does not deter you. It does not matter how many times I pull you off the top of the kitchen table, spank you and place you on the floor, you do it again and again and again. You do not give up easily. Being a risk taker is a good quality. I wish I was more of a risk taker. While risk takers may fall and fall hard, they don't allow that to deter them or dampen their spirit. They just get back up and try again. When they succeed, they succeed BIG! Oh what a wonderful feeling that is. I look forward to watching all your successes!!