Saturday, December 27, 2008

"Beyond Belief"

I have much to blog about Christmas, I will do that in the next blog. We still have one Christmas to go today and then I will share all the great details.

I am reading "The Shack," but I have taken a short break to read "Beyond Belief" by Josh Hamilton. I finished it in a few hours. He is a Texas Rangers Baseball player who was the #1 draft pick the year my brother-in-law Chance was drafted in the first round a few more slots down. Josh was an all-american boy, drafted right out of high school, destined for greatness. He lost everything when he feel victim to drug addiction. He blames no one but himself. He credits God for his recovery and salvation and everything good that has happened to him since. It is a good story about the redemption, forgiveness and grace of God and how he is working to keep himself humble and accountable to Him. Definitely worth a read.

No comments: